Sunday, December 14, 2014

Lost Wandering Nomad In Search Of a Niche To Live In

This week has been a busy one. I had a lot of orders for Christmas. It's been hectic dealing with that. It seems no matter how many times I tell people to order early they still wait until a week before to order, which sends me into a frenzy because I really hate turning people away. I'm finally finished with all my commissions and am beyond ready to start working on my own art. This is the first drawing of a series I plan on doing called "Ethereal". It's simple and fun with sort of a darker aesthetic.
Ethereal 
Let me tell you, drawing things like this
 is a breath of fresh air when you mainly
 draw highly detailed, realistic portraiture!

I'm even carrying this nebulous style over to my photography. I took a break from drawing and got some pictures. My daughter Kira was a good little model, as per usual!






I don't think I've ever had a true hobby that wasn't art related. I've been creating things since I was a little girl. We won't get into how old I am, but let's just say, I've been at it for awhile! Yet, I still consider myself to be in an "exploratory" stage. I want to do it all. I want to draw in every style there is. I want to paint, take pictures, model, act, make videos, sculpt... That list goes on and on, and I hope it never stops. Because I continue to try new things I get scared that I'll never have my own "style". My style varies so much and is so dependent on what I'm feeling that day. Maybe one day I'll find myself a little art niche to crawl into and dwell in, but for now I think I'll continue being a wandering nomad that consumes just about everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment